Under data protection laws, Mitsubishi Motors Malaysia Sdn Bhd (“Mitsubishi Motors“) (“we“, “our” or “us“) are required to provide individuals whose personal data we collect and process with certain information about who we are, how we process your personal data and for what purposes, and your rights in relation to your personal data. You may be asked to indicate your consent to our processing of your personal data as described in this policy when we collect or request for your personal data.
Data We Collect About You
We may collect, process, and use the following types of personal data about you:
- Your identity data such as your name and Identification Card (IC) number;
- Your contact information such as mailing address, billing address, home phone number, mobile number and email address;
- Sales-related information such as model purchased and manufacturing year; Vehicle-related information such as your car registration number; and
- Location data e.g. when you wish to locate your nearest dealer outlet, or when you seek assistance from Mitsubishi Assist’s breakdown and emergency assistance.
How We Collect Your Data
We may collect and process data about you in the following ways:
- Information you give us. This is information you give us about you by filling in our forms, or by corresponding with us (for example, by email, chat, through our website or on social media). It includes information you provide when you register to use any of our mobile applications, enter a competition, promotion or survey. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
- Location data.We may use GPS technology to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled services require your personal data for the feature to work. You can withdraw your consent at any time by disabling location data in your device settings.
- Information we receive from third parties. We may receive personal data about you from third parties who collect such data at events or as part of surveys conducted on our behalf.
How We Use Your Data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to do so. Most commonly we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- to process a request you submit;
- to identify our products and services which might be of interest to you and to inform you about on the same, including any promotions, offers, news and events;
- for marketing research and marketing analysis purposes;
- to manage insurance and warranty-related claims and requests; and
- for regulatory and legal compliance.
Third Parties To Whom We May Disclose Your Data
We may share your personal data with the third parties set out below for the purposes set out in this policy:
- our affiliates;
- our dealers and other business partners who provide products and services under our brand;
- our service providers, agents and professional advisors (including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services);
- regulators and other governmental authorities; and/or
Such third parties may be located within or outside Malaysia and your acceptance of this policy indicates your consent to the transfer of your personal data outside Malaysia for these purposes.
You have the right to request access and/or to correct and limit the processing of your personal data, including personal data relating to other persons who may be identified from the information you provide to us. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during our relationship with you. Any of the above requests, as well as inquiries or complaints with respect to your personal data, should be directed to our Customer Careline Officer at 1800 18 8161 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy was last updated in August 2020. It may change and if it does, the changes will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you.