Under data protection laws, Mitsubishi Motors Malaysia Sdn Bhd (“Mitsubishi Motors”) and its affiliates and/or associated companies, including the dealers of Mitsubishi Motors (collectively, “we”, “our” or “us”) are required to provide individuals whose personal data we collect and process with certain information about who we are, how we process your personal data and for what purposes, and your rights in relation to your personal data. You may be asked to indicate your consent to our processing of your personal data as described in this Privacy Notice when we collect or request for your personal data.
Data We Collect About You
We may collect, process, and use the following types of personal data about you:
- Your identity data such as your name, gender, date of birth, marital status, personal income, religion, race, and Identification Card (IC) number.
- Your contact information such as mailing address, billing address, work address, home phone number, mobile number and email address.
- Your payment and transaction information such as information required for any loan/financing applications you request us to coordinate with financial institutions.
- Sales-related information such as model and accessories purchased and manufacturing year; Vehicle-related information such as your car registration number.
- Location data e.g. when you wish to locate your nearest dealer outlet, or when you seek assistance from Mitsubishi Assist’s breakdown and emergency assistance.
- Your preferences and requirements that relate to our products and services.
How We Collect Your Data
We may collect and process data about you in the following ways:
- Information you give us. This is information you give us about you by filling in our forms, or by corresponding with us (for example, by email, chat, through our website or on social media). It includes information you provide when you register to use any of our mobile applications, enter a competition, promotion or survey. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
- Location data.We may use GPS technology to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled services require your personal data for the feature to work. You can withdraw your consent at any time by disabling location data in your device settings.
- Information we receive from third parties. We may receive personal data about you from third parties who collect such data at events or as part of surveys conducted on our behalf.
The provision of your personal data is voluntary. However, in the absence of your personal data, we may not be able to provide you with certain products and/or services.
How We Use Your Data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to do so. Most commonly we will use and process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To process a request you submit e.g., to respond to your enquiries and process transactions relating to our products or services supplied to you (including those relating to loan/financing or trade-ins).
- To identify our products and services which might be of interest to you and to inform you about on the same, including any promotions, offers, news and events.
- To help us improve the quality of our products and services.
- For marketing communications, research, and analysis.
- For data analytics, sales processing, customer relationship management and internal reporting.
- To manage insurance and warranty-related claims and requests.
- To update your existing data.
- For regulatory and legal compliance.
How We Retain Your Data
We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws. We will dispose your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for purposes as stated above.
Third Parties To Whom We May Disclose Your Data
We may share your personal data with the third parties set out below for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice:
- Our affiliates (e.g., Mitsubishi Motors Corporation, Mitsubishi Corporation).
- Our dealers and other business partners who provide products and services under our brand.
- Our service providers, agents and professional advisors (including financial institutions offering loans/financing for our products, second hand dealers accepting trade-ins, lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services);
- Regulators and other governmental authorities.
- Third parties to whom we may be in discussions with to sell, transfer or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this Privacy Notice.
Such third parties may be located within or outside Malaysia and your acceptance of this Privacy Notice indicates your consent to the transfer of your personal data outside Malaysia for these purposes.
How We Protect Your Data
To protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal data from accidental, unlawful or unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have implemented appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures in compliance with applicable laws and to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us. Further, we disclose personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
You have the right to request access and/or to correct and limit the processing of your personal data, including personal data relating to other persons who may be identified from the information you provide to us. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during our relationship with you. Any of the above requests, as well as inquiries or complaints with respect to your personal data, should be directed to our Customer Careline Officer at 1800 18 8161 or via email at email@example.com.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on and effective since 29th November 2022. It may change and if it does, the changes will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you.